1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. But sometimes Wrapping paper IN gift bags. LOLOL
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love, love, LOVE real trees, but it gets so cold and dry in my condo that literally 3 days after I put up a real tree, it’s so dry that I don’t dare turn on the lights. So…artificial. Damn it.
3. When do you put up the tree? Beginning of December.
4. When do you take the tree down. Sometime after New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yup! Love the stuff! Especially if it comes in a can. *grin* Hey, it’s nothing but high class here at Chez Guppy.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm…Tough one. Probably either one of my bikes, since I got SOOOOO much use out of them. Or my roller skates.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad or my uncle Jim. They both have so few actual hobbies it makes gift giving a bit difficult. (And if either of you are reading this, WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS????)
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother. In fact, in purchasing gifts I had to cut myself off because I found too much. LOLOL
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think so. I know there was this plastic set my parents had when I was a kid, but I’m not sure if my mother gave it to me or not. Since The Great Flood at Chez Guppy, and with various other issues at this time of year, I haven’t decorated in about 3 years, so I can’t remember who has the set.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Always. In fact, I’m going today to take the picture for this year’s card. It’s a doozy. LOL
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received I’d say 99% of the gifts given to me by my grandmother. LOLOL Until I turned 21 she would always give me a gold charm for my birthday and a music box for Christmas and I LOVED them. I still have all of them, in fact, packed safely way. When the reconstruction is completed, I’m FINALLY going to get this display cabinet of hers out of my aunt’s dining room. And I’m going to put some of my favorite music boxes in there. Sorry. I rambled. Anyway, after I turned 22, she started giving all of us this weird stuff. You know, like the free radios with purchase. Well, we’d get the radios. LOL And the cake slicers, and the glass ashtrays (when none of us smokes/ed), etc. Usually we all would get together after she left and open the gifts and then donate it to the Salvation Army. One year we got all cheap kitchen stuff, and one of my cousin’s friends was moving into his first apartment, so he got most of it. LOLOL
12. Favorite Christmas Movie Do I even need to answer this? The Grinch. ABSOLUTELY the Grinch. I am obsessed with all Grinchy Things. LOLOL.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas I start thinking about it after Halloween, but don’t really do any of it until after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present Yes, but the recepient knew it. LOL
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gingerbread in any form.
16. Lights on the tree Yes. And colored, please.
17. Favorite Christmas song O Holy Night in nearly any form, but the Studio 60 version is my current favorite. Silent Night is a close second. And at the moment, I’m really loving the Barenaked Ladies’ Elf’s Lament. LOLOL Those boys are twisted.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And Rudolph, of course. When I went out shopping on Thanksgiving night (yes, the outlets were open that night) I found a sweater that had all the reindeer…except Blitzen! What’s up with THAT?!?!
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning With my mom or dad on Christmas eve, and the rest of the family Christmas day.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year People seem to be more stupid than usual.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color Theme? What do you mean THEME? LOL I guess I do have a theme, of sorts. I collect ornaments from when I travel, and my mom especially buys them when she travels, so I guess that’s a theme. LOL But they’re all different. I have surfing santas and sledding bears and Palace guards and race cars and…and…and…
23. What do you want for Christmas this year I got it already. LOL I bought myself a kickass new camera. I have some accessories on my list, too, but those I’ll get after Christmas.
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Pierogis. Made by me from scratch.
If you’re reading this…consider yourself tagged!
Lynda the Guppy
aka The Fish With Sticks